How much should you be paying to attract and retain the best employees, based on your industry and location?
Your FREE report will help you:
- Quickly find 1,000’s of ADA-compliant job descriptions and market analysis reports
- Customize your compensation program with a specific grade system, rate ranges, and grade assignments
- Use BLR's® Compensation Analyzer to save time assessing markets, spotting pay inequities, and tracking compensation
PLUS, everything you need for a top-tier compensation management program:
- Job descriptions and wage and salary data for over 50,000 job titles
- Do your job better and faster with ready-to-use checklists, calculators, forms, and policies
- Plain-English analysis of state and federal laws and regulations
- Be the first to know future trends with monthly survey reports
- Network with your compensation peers using BLR's forums and Ask the Expert services
Search the News
Looking for news on a specific topic? Select the topic above and click "go."
Or, use the search feature to the upper-right to review our library of news articles.
Participate in BLR's polls and surveys.
The Latest Compensation News
The Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation (PBGC), a federal government agency, is proposing a rule to facilitate mergers of multiemployer pension plans. Mergers are a way some plans can preserve and protect the benefits earned by workers and retirees.
The federal Department of Labor’s (DOL) overtime regulations were updated and modernized in May 2016. December 1, 2016, is the effective date of these regulations. The alarming wave of Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) enforcement activity shows a distinct trend and emphasis on FLSA and compensation-related lawsuits brought by the DOL.
The 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals—which covers Alaska, Arizona, California, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, Oregon, and Washington—has given employers another thing to worry about in light of the new overtime regulations.
Prior to 2014, there were only 4 paid sick leave laws in effect nationwide.
"The pendulum for benefits responsibility has swung back over to the employer."
"We saw a drastic rise in enrollment in our high deductible health plan (HDHP) when we renamed it an HSA plan."
Nearly three-quarters (72%) of employees using a private exchange say they are more likely to remain with their employer because of their benefits program, according to a new Liazon survey.
'Hot jobs' is a term HR professionals are certainly familiar with, but what does it really mean? And how can you determine whether these hot jobs are a critical to your organization? Finally, what kinds of rewards or compensation should you be giving those employees in hot jobs who are critical to your company?
More Recent Compensation News ...