SAN FRANCISCO --"If you were a tree, what kind of tree would you be?" "Do you enjoy long, stressful hours?" "What shoe do you tie first?"
Chances are, if you've ever been in a job interview, you've been asked a question that's funny, inappropriate, or just plain bizarre. Technology professionals are no exception to this experience. Techies.com, an online career resource, recently asked "What's the funniest question you've ever been asked in a job interview?"
The top 10 funniest questions reported by bayarea.techies.com members are:
1. "Will your girlfriend give you strife if we send you on a business trip to Bangkok for two years?"
2. "Working here is a lot like being on LSD. Know what I mean?"
3. "Come in. Sit down. Would you like some sushi?"
4. "What's a nice girl like you doing in metallurgical engineering?"
5. "What can I do to convince you to join the Dark Side?"
6. "You code and manage. You've answered every answer correctly. Can you tell me what is wrong with you?"
7. "How does it make you feel knowing I hold your destiny in my hands?"
8. "Doesn't that nose piercing hurt?"
9. "How the hell do you left-click a round mouse?"
10. "Single people work more. Are you single?"
"The technology sector is so hot right now that tech professionals are starting a new job every 13 months," said Doug Berg, co-founder and Chief Techie of techies.com. "That's a lot of job interviews. Add that to the fact that quite often the interviewee knows more about the skills and the job than the interviewer, you have lots of fodder for some really weird questions."
What's the weirdest question you've ever been asked? If you've got one please post it on the "General" Discussion Board at HR.BLR.com. --