Free Special Resources
Get Your FREE
Special Report. Download Any One Of These FREE
Special Resources, Instantly!
Featured Special Report
Claim Your Free Copy of
Overtime Primer: Highlights from the New Regulations
The federal DOL overtime regulations go into effect this year. Are you ready?
This report includes a summary of key changes, including the salary level test and salary basis test.
As a bonus, we've included a handy flowchart to help you determine exemption status under the FLSA.
February 08, 2001
Tips for Improving Your College Recruiting
FREE Compensation Market Analysis Report! Find out how much you should be paying to attract and retain the best applicants and employees, with customized information for your industry, location, and job. Get Your Report Now!
For a Limited Time receive a
>BETHLEHEM, PA--Employers can increase the effectiveness of their college recruiting efforts without breaking their budget, according to the students they hope to hire.
Seniors surveyed at five U.S. universities suggest that employers:
* Host information sessions about their companies on campus at least once each semester.
* Give students as much detail as possible about their prospective jobs.
* Send enthusiastic and straightforward company representatives/recruiters to conduct campus interviews.
* Promote their campus visits and job openings through the college's career center.
* Help students visualize their careers with the company.
Many of the recruiting practices recommended by students have few if any associated costs, according to Troy Behrens, author of the survey and college relations manager for Siemens Building Technologies. The survey results appear in the Winter Journal of Career Planning & Employment published by the National Association of Colleges and Employers.