The Certification of Hi-Tech professionals offer advantages to both employees and employers.
- Recognition of their professional accomplishments
- Better opportunities for jobs and for advancement
- Reduced training costs
- Greater productivity
- Reduced turnover from "washed out" new hires
- Greater customer confidence and satisfaction
- For more information about pre-certification, go to: www.comptia.com Y2K Bug Survey Focuses on Employee Element
an effort to reduce turnover and save on training costs, more and more companies are requiring pre-certification and training - before the new hire comes on board. One such organization helping companies do this is CompTIA, the Computing Technology Industry Association. As one example of the kind of savings that can be achieved with these tools, it helped to save the computing firm AMC about $6,000 per hire in training costs - which declined to $4,000 from $10,000.