In a BLR webinar entitled "Sales Compensation Strategies: How to Motivate and Re-Energize Your Sales Staff in a Challenging Economy," Dan Kleinman, principal of Dan Kleinman Consulting, a compensation and human resource consulting firm, described the ways in which management is accountable for its sales staff performance.
- Forecasting performance (key management role)
- Strategizing (determining market penetration and product prioritization)
- Tactics (setting assignments, creating structures, setting goals)
- Managing the sales process (people, materials, logistics, service)
- Understanding the competitive environment and customer base
Ensure that the plan doesn't become the excuse for a breakdown in any of the above.
Dan Kleinman is the principal of Dan Kleinman Consulting, a California-based compensation and human resource consulting firm. For the past 18 years, he has served as an independent consultant for a broad spectrum of regional, national, and international companies, providing compensation, performance, organizational planning, and reward-system design services. He may be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org