State:
Free Special Resources
Get Your FREE Special Report. Download Any One Of These FREE Special Resources, Instantly!
Featured Special Report
Claim Your Free Cost Per Hire Calculator
This handy calculator lets you plug in your expenses for recruiting, benefits, salaries, and more.

Graphs automatically generate to show you your annual cost per hire and a breakdown of where you are spending the most money.

Download Now!
November 17, 2006
Wages Rise as Consumer Prices Fall

Inflation-adjusted, or real, average weekly earnings rose by 1.3 percent from September to October after seasonal adjustment, according to preliminary data released by the Bureau of Labor Statistics of the U.S. Department of Labor.

For a Limited Time receive a FREE Compensation Market Analysis Report! Find out how much you should be paying to attract and retain the best applicants and employees, with customized information for your industry, location, and job. Get Your Report Now!

The increase stemmed from a 0.3 percent increase in average weekly hours combined with a 0.4 percent increase in average hourly earnings and a 0.7 percent decrease in the Consumer Price Index for Urban Wage Earners and Clerical Workers (CPI-W).

Real average weekly earnings are calculated by adjusting earnings in current dollars for changes in the CPI-W.

Average weekly earnings rose by 4.2 percent, seasonally adjusted, from October 2005 to October 2006. After deflation by the CPI-W, average weekly earnings increased by 3.2 percent. Before adjustment for seasonal change and inflation, average weekly earnings were $581.06 in October 2006, compared with $557.54 a year earlier.

Featured Free Resource:
Cost Per Hire Calculator
   
   
 
 
Twitter  Facebook  Linked In
Follow Us
CT-WEB06
Copyright © 2016 Business & Legal Resources. All rights reserved. 800-727-5257
This document was published on http://Compensation.BLR.com
Document URL: http://compensation.blr.com/Compensation-news/Compensation/Consumer-Price-Index-CPI/Wages-Rise-as-Consumer-Prices-Fall-155374/