State:
Free Special Resources
Get Your FREE Special Report. Download Any One Of These FREE Special Resources, Instantly!
Featured Special Report
Claim Your Free Cost Per Hire Calculator
This handy calculator lets you plug in your expenses for recruiting, benefits, salaries, and more.

Graphs automatically generate to show you your annual cost per hire and a breakdown of where you are spending the most money.

Download Now!
June 30, 2008
Who Has Employees Assigned in Another Country?
Less than a third of Compensation.BLR.com visitors report that they have expatriates, according to a recent poll.

When asked "Do you have any employees who are assigned in another country?," only 29 percent responded "Yes" while the remaining 71 percent responded "No."

A recent survey by Mercer rated found that Zurich has the best quality of living among all cities in the world. No U.S. city was listed among the top 25 cities. Honolulu came closest at #28, followed by San Francisco at #29.

The Quality of Living Survey, which rates 215 cities, is "conducted to help governments and major companies place employees on international assignments." As explained by a senior researcher at Mercer: "Establishing suitable allowances linked to local costs and quality of living is essential in encouraging expatriate employees with transferable skills to accept international assignments." More details on the Mercer survey are available here.

The Compensation.BLR.com poll included 158 respondents.

For a Limited Time receive a FREE Compensation Market Analysis Report! Find out how much you should be paying to attract and retain the best applicants and employees, with customized information for your industry, location, and job. Get Your Report Now!
Featured Free Resource:
Cost Per Hire Calculator
   
   
 
 
Twitter  Facebook  Linked In
Follow Us
CT-WEB06
Copyright © 2016 Business & Legal Resources. All rights reserved. 800-727-5257
This document was published on http://Compensation.BLR.com
Document URL: http://compensation.blr.com/Compensation-news/Compensation/Compensation-Administration/Who-Has-Employees-Assigned-in-Another-Country/