A list of the top-paying blue-collar jobs was recently released by Forbes. Blue-collar jobs are defined as an occupation where employees wear work clothes or protective clothing, and manual labor is often involved. The occupations were ranked using data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS).
The top 10 best-paying blue-collar occupations, and their annual median salary, are:
- Elevator installer and repairer - $67,950
- Powerhouse substation and relay repairer - $61, 700
- Transportation inspector - $61,110
- Oil and gas rotary drill operator - $59, 560
- Commercial diver - 58,060
- Petroleum pump system operator, refinery operator and gauger - $56,990
- Boilermaker - $56,680
- Electrical power line installer and repairer - $58,860
- Locomotive engineer - $53,590
- Telecommunications equipment installer and repairer - $52,990
A list of the top-paying jobs for women was also recently released.