What types of skilled professionals remain in the highest demand in the United States? A new report answers this question in its "Top 25 Most Wanted U.S. Professions" rankings.
The report, from Jobfox, reflects the professions most often targeted by employers and recruiters using Jobfox.com (a website that connects candidates with employers) to search for and find new or replacement workers during a 120-day period ending February 21, 2008.
"These are professions that are thriving and will continue to be in demand for the foreseeable future," Rob McGovern, CEO of Jobfox, said in a press release. "While hiring activity is reportedly slow in some industry sectors
--construction and manufacturing, for example--companies continue to go after a host of high-impact professions requiring degrees or specialized skills."
Here are the top 12 professions, along with the median salary ranges desired by (and as reported by) candidates for these top-ranked professions:
- Software Design/Development $95K-$105K
- Nursing $35K-$45K
- Accounting/Finance Executive $65K-$75K
- Sales Rep/Business Development $65K-$75K
- Administrative Assistant $35K-$45K
- Corporate Finance $75K-$85K
- Networking/System Administration $75K-$85K
- Intellegence $75K-$85K
- General Accounting $45K-$55K
- Technical Customer Support $45K-$55K
- Testing/Quality Assurance $65K-$75K
- Project/Engagement Management $85K-$95K
The entire list, along with brief descriptions of each profession, can be found at Jobfox.com.