In a BLR webinar entitled "Sales Compensation Strategies: How to Motivate and Re-Energize Your Sales Staff in a Challenging Economy," Dan Kleinman, principal of Dan Kleinman Consulting, a compensation and human resource consulting firm, provided a context to for determining where you've been and where you're going when it comes to sales staff. Relative to compensation:
- Consider what you did in the previous year.
- Consider what you didn'tdo in the previous year.
- When did you communicate? How did you communicate? What did you communicate?
- What is the current level of trust in your organization between management and staff and between sales and other areas?
- What is the current level of management confidence? Are you making critical decisions . . . or crisisdecisions?
- Are you moving forward together or are staff being dragged into the future?
Dan Kleinman is the principal of Dan Kleinman Consulting, a California-based compensation and human resource consulting firm. For the past 18 years, he has served as an independent consultant for a broad spectrum of regional, national, and international companies, providing compensation, performance, organizational planning, and reward-system design services. He may be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org