In a BLR webinar entitled "Compensation Plan Design: The Three Cs for Achieving Success," Brooke Green, founding principal with Presidio Pay Advisors and Mary Topliff, Esq., founder of Mary L. Topliff law offices in San Francisco explained what may trigger a company to perform a Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) review.
- Jobs making headlines: class action suits against a large company or competitor
- Salaried employees working considerable amounts of overtime (FLSA analysis can help to avoid complaints and/or claims)
- "Gut feeling" from Human Resources professionals that a position or positions is not properly classified
- A new manager comes in and requests a review
- A merger or layoff redefines positions
Brooke Green is a founding principal with Presidio Pay Advisors (www.presidiopay.com) where she provides consulting advice and implementation assistance to clients with compensation support needs. Mary Topliff, Esq. founded the law offices of Mary L. Topliff in San Francisco (www.joblaw.com) after practicing civil and employment litigation for nine years. The firm specializes in employment law counseling, training and compliance.