In a BLR webinar entitled "Sales Compensation Strategies: How to Motivate and Re-Energize Your Sales Staff in a Challenging Economy," Dan Kleinman, principal of Dan Kleinman Consulting, a compensation and human resource consulting firm, explained that in a team-oriented sales approach, everyonegrows the customer relationship.
- There is a "for the common good" ethic.
- There is focus on new services and sales.
- There is a drive to ensure that every action supports customer loyalty.
Before the sale closes, multiple functions or skill sets are at play:
- Producing and qualifying leads
- Technical pre-installation sessions
- The close
After the sale closes, multiple functions or skill sets are also at play.
- Account management
- Operations/technical support
- Logistical support
- Integration support -- whole solutions
Dan Kleinman is the principal of Dan Kleinman Consulting, a California-based compensation and human resource consulting firm. For the past 18 years, he has served as an independent consultant for a broad spectrum of regional, national, and international companies, providing compensation, performance, organizational planning, and reward-system design services. He may be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.