Free Special Resources
Get Your FREE
Special Report. Download Any One Of These FREE
Special Resources, Instantly!
Featured Special Report
Claim Your Free Copy of
Overtime Primer: Highlights from the New Regulations
The federal DOL overtime regulations go into effect this year. Are you ready?
This report includes a summary of key changes, including the salary level test and salary basis test.
As a bonus, we've included a handy flowchart to help you determine exemption status under the FLSA.
June 02, 2009
25 Highest-Paying Jobs Requiring On-the-Job Training
What are the highest-paying occupations among those that don’t require a college degree? The following are the top 25 highest-paying jobs by median hourly wages that require work experience or on-the-job training.
(*includes all managers not listed separately)
- Air Traffic Controllers $54.29/hour; $112,900/annual
- Managers, All Other* $41.67; $86,700
- Industrial Production Managers $38.73; $80,600
- Transportation, Storage, and Distribution Managers $36.69; $76,300
- First-Line Supervisors/Managers of Police and Detectives $34.91; $72,600
- Nuclear Power Reactor Operators $33.85; $70,400
- Sales Representatives, Wholesale and Manufacturing, Technical and Scientific Products $32.82; $68,300
- Elevator Installers and Repairers $32.69; $68,000
- First-Line Supervisors/Managers of Non-Retail Sales Workers $32.22; $67,000
- First-Line Supervisors/Managers of Fire Fighting and Prevention Workers $31.27; $65,000
- Gaming Managers $30.97; $64,400
- Power Distributors and Dispatchers $30.44; $63,300
- Flight Attendants (hourly N/A); $61,100
- Detectives and Criminal Investigators $28.81; $59,900
- Real Estate Brokers $28.30; $58,900
- Railroad Conductors and Yardmasters $28.20; $58,700
- Postmasters and Mail Superintendents $27.84; $57,900
- Locomotive Engineers $27.65; $57,500
- Captains, Mates, and Pilots of Water Vessels $27.50; $57,200
- Power Plant Operators $27.23; $56,600
- Ship Engineers $26.97; $56,100
- First-Line Supervisors/Managers of Construction Trades and Extraction Workers $26.90; $56,000
- t-Line Supervisors/Managers of Correctional Officers $26.79; $55,700
- First-Line Supervisors/Managers of Mechanics, Installers, and Repairers $26.63; $55,400
- Gas Plant Operators $26.27; $54,600
America’s Career InfoNet (www.careerinfonet.org) provides data from a variety of federal and state sources, including the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) and the Occupational Information Network (O*NET) at the U.S. Department of Labor.