Free Special Resources
Get Your FREE
Special Report. Download Any One Of These FREE
Special Resources, Instantly!
Featured Special Report
Claim Your Free Copy of
Overtime Primer: Highlights from the New Regulations
The federal DOL overtime regulations go into effect this year. Are you ready?
This report includes a summary of key changes, including the salary level test and salary basis test.
As a bonus, we've included a handy flowchart to help you determine exemption status under the FLSA.
September 23, 2010
Series of Healthcare Reform Provisions Take Effect
A series of provisions under the Affordable Care Act (ACA) are effective for health plan years beginning on or after today, September 23, 2010. These provisions include new restrictions for insurance companies and new rights for consumers.
- Extending coverage for young adults up to age 26
- Providing certain free preventive care
- Prohibiting insurance companies from rescinding coverage
- Appealing insurance company decisions
- Eliminating lifetime limits on insurance coverage
- Regulating annual limits on insurance coverage
- Prohibiting denying coverage of children based on pre-existing conditions (effective for existing plans as well)
For more information and guidance on these specific provisions, visit Healthcare Reform: A Resource Center for Employers.