The National Business Group on Health is recognizing 63 large employers as "2009 Best Employers for Healthy Lifestyles."
The group is recognizing the employers for their commitment to a healthy workplace and for helping their employees and families make better choices about their own health and well-being.
"We are proud to recognize 63 large employers for their unparalleled commitment to a healthy workplace and for making their employees' health and well-being a top priority," said Helen Darling, president of the National Business Group on Health. "Employers know first-hand that a healthy workforce is essential to increasing productivity and to maintaining a competitive edge in the new global economy."
Winners of the 5th Annual "Best Employers for Healthy Lifestyles" awards were honored in one of three categories:
- Platinum, for established "Healthy Weight, Healthy Lifestyles" programs with measurable success and documented outcomes;
- Gold, for creating cultural and environmental changes that support employees who are committed to long-term behavior changes; and
- Silver, for employers who have launched programs or services to promote living a healthier lifestyle.
2009 Best Employers for Healthy Lifestyles Winners in the Platinum Category
- Baptist Health South Florida
- Campbell Soup Company
- Dell Inc.
- FPL Group
- Hannaford Supermarkets
- Occidental Petroleum Corporation
- PepsiCo Inc.
- Pitney Bowes Inc.
- Quest Diagnostics
- Texas Instruments Incorporated
- Union Pacific
- University of Pittsburgh Medical Center , UPMC Health Plan
- Volvo Group Companies including Mack Trucks, Inc.