A magazine has released its annual list of the top 100 companies for working mothers.
Working Mother magazine says 18 new companies appear on its 100 Best Companies list this year. The magazine has been releasing the list for 21 years.
The magazine says 99 percent of the companies on this year's list offer flexible schedules, telecommuting on a part-time basis, and healthcare insurance for part-time workers. Ninety-eight percent of the companies on the list offer job sharing and elder-care referral services, the magazine says.
The companies making the top 10 on the list are:
- Abbott (Abbott Park, IL)
- Bon Secours Richmond Health System (Richmond, VA)
- Ernst and Young (New York, NY)
- HSBC North America (Prospect Heights, IL)
- IBM Corporation (Armonk, NY)
- JP Morgan Chase (New York, NY)
- Patagonia, Inc. (Ventura, CA)
- PricewaterhouseCoopers (New York, NY)
- Principal Financial Group (Des Moines, IA)
- SC Johnson and Son (Racine, WI)
Companies completed an application with more than 500 questions. The magazine measured and scored 7 areas to choose companies for the list: workforce profile, compensation, child care, flexibility, time off and leaves, family-friendly programs, and company culture. For this year's list, the magazine gave particular weight to flex and time off.
You can find the complete list at Working Mother's website.